Drinking Water » NC Water Treatment Facility Operators Certification Board
Click the above link and select "save target as" to download updated scanning software into a self-selected folder (as of 08/6/13). This update is necessary to ensure security of electronically submitted rosters. Once the file has been downloaded, double-click on the file and extract the OpCertClassV3 executable.
If you are running Windows 8 and having problems running OpCertClassV3 application:
OpCertClassV3 requires Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 to be installed on your computer. This is a standard component from Microsoft that is used worldwide for applications. The system should prompt you to download the file directly from the Microsoft website; if it does not, you can download the file here:
Please contact Carmalin Walter (919.707.9041) if you need further instructions.
The purpose of the North Carolina Water Treatment Facility Operators Certification Board is to protect the public health and to conserve and protect the water resources of the state; to protect the public investment in water treatment facilities; to provide for the classifying of public water treatment facilities; to require the examination of water treatment facility operators and the certification of their competency to supervise the operation of water treatment facilities.
Rules & Regulations
- Certification of Water Treatment Facility Operators (General Statute)
- Rules Governing Water Treatment Facility Operators
- Board-Approved Policies
- Exam Policies
- School Policies
- Other Policies
- Rule Changes Effective February 1, 2012
Meetings of the North Carolina Water Treatment Facility Operators Certification Board are held at the City of Raleigh Public Utilities Operations Center, located at 3304 Lake Woodard Drive in Raleigh. The scheduled meeting dates for 2015 are as follows:
- March 17 10:00 A.M.
- June 23 10:00 A.M.
- September 15 10:00 A.M.
- December 15 10:00 A.M.
Examination Time - All examinations will begin promptly at 10am. Examinees are encouraged to arrive early. Examinees arriving after instructions are given will NOT be allowed to sit for the exam. A time limit of three hours will be allowed to complete the exam.
- Examination Date - traditional, paper and pencil exams will occur on the following dates in 2015:
- February 26
- May 28
- August 27
- October 29
- Examination Location - the traditional exams described above will be administered in 3 locations:
- Morganton - Collett Recreation Center
- Snow Hill - Lenoir Community College's Greene County Center
- Raleigh - McKimmon Center, North Carolina State University
- Electronic Examination Dates - electronic exams are administered via computer and will occur on the following dates in 2015:
- March 31 - Raleigh, OSP Training Center
- July 28 - Morehead City, Carteret Community College
- September 29 - Morganton, Foothills Higher Education Learning Center