Drinking Water » NC Water Treatment Facility Operators Certification Board
NEW! The NC Operator Certification Program has implemented a new roster submittal application for training providers. Electronic submittal of rosters is preferred to reduce keying errors and to allow efficiencies in database management. This application is free of charge and web based therefore, you must have a live web connection at the training location to use the software for uploading rosters. If you usually type in your rosters after the training is over, this should not present a problem. Simply enter your rosters into the new application whenever you are in a location with web access.
To access the roster submittal application, please click the following link: https://pws.ncwater.org/Opcert
For detailed instructions on the use of the new application, please click below:
New Software Reference
For further assistance, please contact Carmalin Walter at 919.707.9041 or email@example.com.
The purpose of the North Carolina Water Treatment Facility Operators Certification Board is to protect the public health and to conserve and protect the water resources of the state; to protect the public investment in water treatment facilities; to provide for the classifying of public water treatment facilities; to require the examination of water treatment facility operators and the certification of their competency to supervise the operation of water treatment facilities.
Rules & Regulations
- Certification of Water Treatment Facility Operators (General Statute)
- Rules Governing Water Treatment Facility Operators
- Board-Approved Policies
- Exam Policies
- School Policies
- Other Policies
- Rule Changes Effective February 1, 2012
Meetings of the North Carolina Water Treatment Facility Operators Certification Board are held at the City of Raleigh Public Utilities Operations Center, located at 3304 Lake Woodard Drive in Raleigh. The scheduled meeting dates for 2015 are as follows:
- March 17 10:00 A.M.
- June 23 10:00 A.M.
- September 15 10:00 A.M.
- December 15 10:00 A.M.
Examination Time - All examinations will begin promptly at 10am. Examinees are encouraged to arrive early. Examinees arriving after instructions are given will NOT be allowed to sit for the exam. A time limit of three hours will be allowed to complete the exam.
Exam formulas to be included in all water exams beginning October 2015
- Examination Date - traditional, paper and pencil exams will occur on the following dates in 2016:
- February 25
- May 26
- August 25
- October 27
- Examination Location - the traditional exams described above will be administered in 3 locations for each date:
- Morganton - Collett St. Recreation Center
- Snow Hill - Lenoir Community College's Greene County Center
- Raleigh - McKimmon Center, North Carolina State University
- Electronic Examination Dates - electronic exams are administered via computer and will occur on the following dates in 2016:
- March 29 - Raleigh, OSP Training Center
- July 26 - Morehead City, Carteret Community College
- September 27 - Morganton, Foothills Higher Education Learning Center